Five Major Topics
- Warnings Against Deception (vv. 5–11)
- Encouragement During Persecution (vv. 12–19)
- The Destruction Of Jerusalem (vv. 20–24)
- Future Events (vv. 25–28)
- Assurances Concerning These Events (vv. 29–36).
- Do not follow false leaders (v. 8)
- Do not be frightened by the awesome events associated with the end times in apocalyptic literature (vv. 9–11)
- Do not worry about your legal defense when you are persecuted and face legal charges because of your Christian witness (vv. 12–16)
- When all turn against you, persevere and take a firm stand (vv. 17–19)
- Flee Jerusalem when it is besieged (vv. 20–24)
- When the final apocalyptic events (the portents in heaven and on earth) do take place, take heart at your coming redemption when the Son of Man returns (vv. 25–28)
- Recognize also that these things point to the approach of the kingdom of God (vv. 29–31)
- Be assured that throughout the apocalyptic period the Lord’s words endure (vv. 32–33)
- Be watchful and pray so that you will come through all these things in a way the Son of Man will approve of (vv. 34–36)
How do you apply these signs of the end of the age to your own life?