Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 35:30 — 8.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Lukan themes in the passage:
- Jerusalem is the goal of the journey
- Jesus has mercy on social outcasts
- Jesus conforms to Jewish norms
- The grace of God extends beyond Judaism
“Go show yourselves to the priests.”
ἐκαθαρίσθησαν from καθαρίζω (katharizō)
1 of 10
σέσωκέν from σῴζω (sōzō)
- Do you think the different word choice between “cleansed” and “made well / saved” is intentional and specific – or just a synonym? Is this important?
- What is an appropriate response for healing or rescuing from a trial today?