Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:26 — 4.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Text: Luke 19:37-45
“Blessings on the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Psalm 118:26
Peace in heaven, and glory in highest heaven!” Luke 2:14
Some of the Pharisees said, “Teacher, rebuke your followers.”
Jesus replied, “If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!”
Tears & Prophecy
Jesus wept not just over Lazarus’s death
Jesus loved Jerusalem and the nation of Israel.
He saw the rebellion against Rome forming in their spirits, and he knew it would result in a military retaliation that would crush them.
Jesus At The Temple
It Is Written
Stays to Teach
Focus: Jesus in Temple
Included in all four Gospels
• Matthew 21:23-27
• Mark 11:15-18
• overturned the tables of the money changers
• John 2:13-16
• made a whip out of cords
• Ephesians 4:26 ESV “Be angry and do not sin; ”
Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark & Luke)
• “My house will be a house of prayer”
• [for all nations] not in Luke quoting Isaiah 56:7
• You have made it a den of robbers
• Jeremiah 7:11
• Do you think it’s possible to “Be angry and do not sin”?
• Reflect on Luke 19:45-46. When is it justifiable to use force to rebuke sin?